Saturday, September 20, 2008

New York, NNNEEEWWWW YYYYOOOORRRKKK!

Well Scott and I had some good friends come in from Utah to visit some family living in New York City! So we decided to go down to the city to hang out for a day and to do some sight seeing with them. First off we decided we wanted to go to the Metropolitan Museum of art so we took a walk through Central Park to get there and it was fun to walk through a new part of the park! I was excited when we walked through this part of the park because it is in so many movies! It was the perfect day too, in fact it doesn't get more perfect than this! It was just cool enough so we didn't sweat the whole time and just warm enough that we didn't freeze...perfect. It is such an incredible city, so much to see and do and even though I have traveled down there a bunch of times while living out here, i've only skimmed the surface! It makes me sad that I won't be able to do it all before I leave.
Anyway, our friends are Meredith, Tyson and little Taggart! He is only eight weeks old and such a little trooper! He did awesome and slept most of the time. Linc did ok too. He slept a little and for the most part was interested in what was going on. He wanted to be held a lot though which gets tiring when your baby weighs twenty pounds.




Yes, Pierce Brosnan was sitting there just like that, ok he really wasn't, but the reason I put that picture there is because we went to the Metropolitan Museum which is of course where the painting was stolen from in the movie Thomas Crown Affair. Oh my goodness I loved this museum! I just wanted to have my ipod and listen to my music as I walked around aimlessly looking at everything for hours and hours, but there just aren't enough hours in the day! I would also like to say for the record that I love Pierce Brosnan! He can do no wrong!





This is Lincoln on the subway. I have to admit I was nervous about the subway because it is so loud, smelly and yucky down there, but he didn't seem to mind it too much. I love the subway though it is such a slick way to travel around town.


This is the Brooklyn Bridge! If anyone remembers what they're saying about it in the movie Kate and Leopold, it made me laugh while I was standing there.


This is us at South St Sea Port. I loved seeing this part of town! I don't usually think of the " sea port " aspect of NYC and It kind of reminded me of San Francisco pier 39. We stopped here and had dinner and walked around and looked at the fun ships.





This is us on our way to the Time Warner building. It was really fun to explore some new sights of the city. The Time Warner building is where she is, in enchanted and she sees that big fat sculpture lady...does any one know what i'm talking about? Anyway...moving on. Afterwards we met up with a good friend from highschool, Preston Thomas, and He took us all to Pink Berry, which is this awesome yogurt place! It is real frozen yogurt with real fruit toppings! Mmmmm. It was fabulous. It was really nice of him. He is working in New York right now so it was fun to see him. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of that.

5 comments:

Sammie K said...

Looks like so much fun. I miss NY and I LOVE the MET too. I used to take field trips to it when I was in high school and my friends and I would take off and go to SOHO to find cool vintage clothing shops. I wish I had appreciated it as much then. Oh, well. It was high school, what can I say?

mj said...

so fun! i've never been to NYC and i'm going in November to run the NYC marathon. i'm scared out of my mind to do the marathon, but so excited at the same time. you'll have to let me know your very favorite things to do there so we can cram in the greatest things during our 3 days of sightseeing. can't wait! we're staying at morgan olson's and i'd love to see you!

Lisa, Danny, and Blake said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I want to go to NYC so much. One of these days we will get out there but I'm not sure if you will still be there. Anyways call me sometimes. By the way you look awesome!

Amber Volle said...

Looks like an awesome trip. I hope that Keith and I can do a NYC trip sometime. Your camera takes awesome pictures too Nat, I'm so jealous. What camera do you have?

Meredith said...

Thanks for meeting us there, Nat. We've done some awesome trips, haven't we? Start getting pumped about the Northwestern coast...

stsuff

Voting