
Today I wanted to give thanks for all my brothers and sisters! I was lucky enough to have seven of them and even though we haven't always gotten along with each other we sure love each other a lot. I have to give a shout out to my brother Dan... what can I say he took the fall for almost every scream, shout and tattle. I'm sorry. I'm glad you still love me!!!
Moving on, I would just like to share one quick memory I have with each on of my siblings. Starting from oldest to youngest. So here we go.
Josh- well I don't have many memories of him when I was younger, but when I was in college he used to come to my apartment and take me out to lunch. I loved getting to know him better and have one on one time with him. He is such a wonderful brother. He cares so much about us and I will always cherish our lunch outings!
Ashley- The memory that kept popping into my head was how she used to play this "game" with us as kids. It was actually a sneaky and fun way of making us clean up. I don't remember what we called it exactly but we would pretend we were a train and go to each room and then we would have to pick up three things and the first person back to the train would get to be the person right behind her, which of course was the best thing! I loved how she always made things fun for us. She is the best mom and I bet her girls love playing with her too. Or should I say cleaning with her.
Megan- I don't have many memories of Megan when I was younger, but I had the opportunity to live in her basement, and we had a lot of great talks with each other. She gave me some of the best advice I've ever received and she taught me a lot about managing my money which has helped me a lot. I loved watching her as a mother and even though she didn't know it then, I was taking cues from her on how to be a mom. She is an amazing mother!
Dan- OH dan! He and I didn't get a long that well, but I always laugh at my memories of him. he liked to play this game called the quiet game. He was always the judge. Whoever could be quiet the longest would win great stuff like a tic tac or five cents. We would be quiet for a long time too because we always wanted to win. I don't blame him though. My family called me the nat station..I never stopped talking. Well I hope his prizes have gotten better for his little boys' sake. jk!
Jennifer- My sister Jen and I share a bagillion memories! She and I shared a room for most of our young lives. But one of my favorite memories is of us pretending we were on funniest home videos and doing weird things. We would narrate it all out too. We thought we were hilarious. She could make me laugh so hard It hurt. I also loved stealing candy from her. She never ate it! It would just sit on her shelf for months! Jen has the most infectious laugh, you can't help but laugh when she does!
Annie- Like my brother Dan, we didn't get along a lot, but surprisingly we played together all of ;/the time. It was a love/hate relationship. My very favorite thing we played was we would pretend we were two old ladies named Edna and Myrtle... I can't believe I'm sharing this, but we thought it was the greatest and had so much fun!!! We have the same sense of humor and whenever I see something funny I like to tell her about it because I know she'll find it as funny as I do!
Andrew- My little brother who in all respects is more like an older brother, was the craziest cutest little guy! We had a gully in our back yard and he and his little friend Jeff Watkins used to go down to the water with cups and drink and say it was fresh mountain water. Ha Ha Ha Ha! I am so surprised he never got sick! Rats and racoons were always swimming through it! I remember one night I told him I wanted to go toliet papering and he and I were going to go and we hid a roll of toilet paper on his window sill and he slept with his clothes on under his pajamas, which is what I think gave us away, but I love that story! I love that he was going to go with me! What a cutey! I can't believe he is 21!
I am so thankful for them they are all amazing and as we've gotten older It has been so much fun becoming closer to each other. They have taught me so much and I cannot thank them enough.



1 comment:
nat...is that pic in socal?
Post a Comment