Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lots of stuff!!!

We had a pretty fun month for January! I can't believe it is already over. I was looking forward to Lincoln's birthday so much and now it has come and almost gone. Right now we are watching the Curious George movie I got him for his birthday. It has been the most wonderful day! But first I want to back up just a tad.
For Martin Luther King day we went and played a baseball game at the church. The one day it rains, is the one day we wanted to go play baseball, but the church was perfect and we even played a little basketball too. We played some baseball in honor Jackie Robinson, I thought we could do it in Feb for Black history month, but this worked too. Then we made some Chocolate Chip cookies and had a fun family home evening with two other families in our ward about Martin Luther King. Lincoln had a fun time hitting with the new T-ball set we got him. :)
He just puts a big smile on my face... oh how I love this little boy!
( bad picture, but the only one I have...)

For Lincoln's Birthday, we had a Curious George party. Other than the party decorations and gifts, it wasn't so much a george party, but it was a lot of fun for a two year old :) We had a some of his good friends from the ward join us and he had a lot of fun! ( for my own purposes: Jaxon and Alex Nef, Craig and Jade Southwick, Glynn Lystrup, Lydia Visser and Seth Call)
They drew in our cement back yard with Chalk and made little outlines of themselves. Then we blew bubbles and played with puzzles and trucks. After all that hard playing, we BBQ'd and had hotdogs and hamburgers, banana slush and ate cake. I have been planning his party for a couple of weeks now and was sooooo excited to have it that I really can't believe it is all over :(


This is what he woke up to! He thought it was great and screamed "George!!!" when he walked in! It was great and the exact reaction I was hoping for!
Some of his wonderful gifts!!!
Lincoln's little chalk man :)

Yum CoStco cake! It was really good ( minus the globs of frosting used for the balloons :))

Blowing out candles! He drooled all over the bottom part of the cake heh heh!
Lincoln's "George" back pack! I got it in the hopes that this will make shopping a little easier for me... we will have to see. I always thought kids with a leash were just sad to see, but now I understand why parents do this :)

After that we went to the airport and watched the airplanes come in. Lincoln LOVED it!!!! Scott and I are always laughing at how he can spot a plane anywhere! He has great eyesight which makes us very happy, since Scott didn't even when he was little. We were worried, but not anymore:)
At the airport
Totally enthralled by the planes... He couldn't not take his eyes off the runway:)

looking like George :) The balloons were a big hit with him, I think they will disappear tonight while he is asleep :)

I can't believe two years ago today he was only 6 pds 12 oz.... I can't believe how fast these last two years have gone. He is amazing and I love him so much it hurts. He is sooo funny and all boy. I would go into detail about all that he does, but there is just too much! One thing that he decided he knew the other day was the color blue and if it was blue he made sure that I knew that he knew that it was blue :) I was so surprised that he knew it as well as he did! It was cute. I love you Lincoln Scott!!!!


I also wanted to post a fun picture of some projects I have been working on with a friend of mine. Ever since I found out I was going to be having a little girl, I have been wanting to make bows for her. I know she will have lots of flowing hair like her older brother and I am excited to play with it! So my friend Melanie has kindly taught me how to make bows with clips ( with her bowdabra) and the other day we learned how to make these cute fabric flower clips! I love them and they are so easy to make! Anyway here they are


6 comments:

Julie said...

Nat, it sounds like you guys are always doing something fun and active--I love it! Happy Birthday Lincoln! Nat, your bows are adorable! I'm totally impressed!

Moffat Family said...

That is so cute! Winston LOVES curious george! We thought about giving him a party like that too, but I had already bought his car party things. I love that idea though. Lincoln is getting so big!

JCooper said...

What a big boy he is - - so grown up now! He's so stinkin' cute. Glad you guys had a fun party for him. p.s. you need to teach me how to make those fabric bows. so cute!!

Tiare and James said...

Oh how I wish I could've been there for Lincoln's 2nd birthday. It looks like it was a blast! What a cute fam and I'm so excited for your baby girl with all of her hair! I LOVE bows!!

Ashley DeMille said...

oh happy birthday Lincoln! I can't believe how big he is getting!

James and Natalie said...

Wow, he is so big. Happy belated birthday little man. Every time we talk about him the first thing we say is, "He is SO cute!" It's true. I can't wait to see what your little girl will look like. We miss you guys so much. Nat you look amazing! No fair.

stsuff

Voting