Monday, September 6, 2010

Fun weekend!!! ( and cute kiddos)

This post is starting from the end of our weekend, but today we went to Chuck-E-Cheese so Linc and scott could play some games together! It was a great way to end our Labor Day weekend! I loved watching them get all excited about it:)
He ditched the "bopper" after a while and used his hands... much easier!
He had a hard time with the racing games, but loved watching them! He actually did pretty well for a 2 1/2 year old:)
This is a random picture, but probably his favorite thing was putting the tokens in the games:)
Scott and Linc played this game for a long time:) I am sad that Linc will probably become a gun loving hunter:( like his daddy:(
When he got on the horse, the first thing that came out of his mouth, no joke was "Yeeha!! Giddy up boy!" He is such a little cowboy natural:) Sometimes I am amazed at how much he is like his dad... same interests. It isn't like scott has sat him down and explained to him what he used to like or do...

The greatest part of our weekend was camping in Alamo!!! We were going to go up Mt. Charlston here in LV, but it was completely booked, which we should have known, so we went to Alamo where our friends the Thiriots have a barn. We were going to go to a campsite near their barn, but camped out on their field instead. We got to ride horses and have dutch oven breakfast and dinner, and peach cobbler!!!! yum! Linc had a blast waking up to the neighing horses and the giant bulldozer on the hill:) He is really into big machinery, but he LOVES tractors! This is unrelated to our camping weekend, but he woke up one morning and I could hear him in his room, but he wasn't knocking. So I let it go for a little while, but then I got worried that he needed to go to the bathroom so I went up to get him. It turns out there was a giant green tractor on the field behind our house ( dog park) He couldn't even look at me when I came in and he just watched that tractor for about another twenty minutes because then it drove away. I think it is funny how interesting it is to him:)
Scott making us dinner and dessert! It really was sooooo good! The smell of fire is just one of my favorite smells... It really brings me back to some of my very favorite moments :) The kids played around while we ate and sat by the fire. It was so fun, all that was missing was the guitar! One of my favorite things about camping is looking up at the stars, I forget how amazing they are!
Linc loved these horses! He kept going over to them and saying "Here Boy!" So cute;)
he liked petting their noses but then he would look back at me and say " They have yucky noses mommy." ha ha it was funny! A special thanks to the Thiriots for letting us stay and to the Farnsworths for coming too!!! It was such a fun weekend!!!
On Saturday we went to The District and rode the carousel! Linc loved riding his frog:) What a handsome little boy I have;)


Linc got a new haircut:) he is rocking a mohawk for a while:) He sure loves his little sister! He always wants to be next to her and playing with her. It can be annoying sometimes, but I try not to get mad at him, because he is just so cute to her, he never gets mad at her or says he doesn't like her, or hit her... He is the perfect big brother!
Our little gracie bell enjoying her walker! We put those ring-a-links on the tray and she just goes crazy! She loves it!

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE Linc and Gracen! We miss them so much. Looks like you had a way fun weekend! I miss you too!

Lynette said...

Super fun weekend! We were so glad you guys came up and we are serious when we say ANYTIME! It's way more fun with friends there to hang with!! Let's plan our next weekend soon!!

Ashley DeMille said...

Your kiddos are so cute! Isn't it so fun how those little guys are just like their daddies. sometimes I watch Jaxon and think that's what Carson was like when he was a little boy.

elyse said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my NYC post. My cousin and his family live in New Providence. I think that's south of Morristown. Glad your family is doing so well. They are beautiful! Love ya lots!!

stsuff

Voting