
October has turned out busy for us:) But busy in a very good way:) My AWESOME brother in law Caleb, got an interview at the dental school here in Las Vegas, so he came down for a visit:) He is not only on his way to becoming a great dentist but he is also an INCREDIBLE artist!! He makes images for different company's, bands etc. They put the images on shirts and hats and stuff like that. A while ago he drew something for a band called Stereos, that Linc and I both fell in love with, so we asked him if we could make it into a poster. So he sent me the image and I had it made into a huge poster for linc's room! It turned out SOOOOO COOL! Linc loves it and likes to tell me what the dino's are doing:) It was really fun to have him here for the day and I was able to get a great picture of Linc, Caleb and the poster:)
It was my turn to host Joy School this week and I had a lot of fun planning it and it was such a success! We learned about the Letter E and the number 5! We played a lot of games and they each made the lunch sack elephant. We also worked on the value of patience:) and the life skill was learning how we earn money and buy things with money. I had them do little chores for me then I would pay them, then at the end of the day they bought a treat from me:) They had a lot of fun with that. I am so excited for my next Joy School hosting experience, I really love to teach:)
I thought I would make a little post about the books I have been reading lately, both of which I love. The one I finished is called "The Lost Conspiracy" I have read a lot of books in my life and the writing in this book is just brilliant! The concept is really interesting too, so different from a lot of things I've read. It think it is a great read. Currently I am reading "I am the Messenger" by Markus Zusak. He wrote the more well known "The Book Theif" Which, in my opinion is a book everyone should read. This one is wonderful as well, although I wouldn't recommend it to every one.... But there are many things in it that have really touched me in a profound way. I may go ahead and write a review on it after I am finished... We will see:)



2 comments:
I wish I read as much as you!! Robbie reads all the time. How did I manage to get better grades in high school? haha! Remember getting kicked out of history together! We are such rebels ;) Love you and can't wait to see you in less than 2 WEEKS!!!
I can't believe how big the kiddos are getting. Amazing! Thanks for the book recommendations. I need some new ideas! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment