Monday, January 31, 2011

Lincoln turns 3!!!

Well it is official... I have a three year old:( I think as a mother I over react a little and when he turns three, all I can think about is the day he leaves me for another woman is just around the corner. I cannot believe how fast three years have gone by! He is so amazing and just so smart. I love listening to everything he has to say and watching everything he does:) Lately whenever he does something bad he comes up to me and puts his hand on my cheek and says "it's ok sweetheart. It's not my fault." This happens a few times a day. He isn't too naughty. I think it is funny how he calls me sweetheart... scott has never called me that ever. He loves his little sister and calls her his Gracie Belle. He always needs a big hug and kiss from her when she wakes up and when she goes down. It is very sweet. When ever we are out shopping and people stop to look at her he says " it's MY Gracen!" He is very protective of her:) I LOVE it:)

He has been so excited about his big dragon birthday that he has told everyone and their dog about it. I can't believe it is all over! He had so much fun and it really was such a fun, big party! I don't know if I can ever come up with a better party after this one! We reserved our cultural hall at the church and pulled down the movie screen and watched How to Train Your Dragon! It was fun to see it on the big screen. We had pizza, per lincoln's request and lots of fun treats. I also made him fun cupcakes with dragon cupcake toppers:) All of his buddies got to go home with a balloon and a viking hat:)

I have to mention that I spent the last month in search of a dragon stuffed animal and half way into the month I couldn't find anything. SO I decided to make my own.... It scared me to even think about trying it, but I just wanted linc to have one. I found a tutorial online at deviantart on how to make a Night Fury! It took me two weeks with very late nights and re-doing every part twice! But it turned out pretty great! He is definitely quirky, like his head isn't sewed on straight... ( that had to be done by hand and I am terrible at sewing by hand) and one wing is a little longer than the other and his eyes are a little lopsided, but I just love him! He is so snuggly and big and linc loves hitting him with his new axe! Ha ha! At least he's not hitting Rocky! Anyway, I will never make another stuffed animal, but this was a fun experience. So here are the pics you've all been waiting for now that you've read my novel!

Linc in his cool new sunglasses, that he promised he would wear all of the time... he's looked at them like once since we got them:) " I promise it mommy! I will wear them all the time even in the car!" that is what he said to me verbatim.
Aaaahhh Gracie Belle:) finger is always in the mouth...
Lincoln and his Night Fury!!!!
Scott was telling him to make a mean viking face... this is what we got:)
My good friend Cherie made this vest and hat for him for his birthday! It is the first thing he puts on in the morning! He LOVES it!
Blowing out his candles at home after the craziness:) We blew them out three times too!
opening gifts with the buddies! They were so generous!
Gracie Belle rolled around in her walker the whole evening:) Isn't she a cutie?
He was so bugged that I was trying to get this picture of him ha ha!
You can't tell from this picture, but the movie was running:) the kids thought it was pretty cool!
His cupcakes and the lovely home made toppers:)
What he woke up to on Saturday ( we pretty much celebrated his birthday on Saturday even though it was really on Sunday)

7 comments:

Melanie and Daniel said...

Your Toothless turned out so good! The party was so much fun. Linc is a lucky boy. :)

Jenn said...

Haydn is having a how to train your dragon party too in a couple weeks. I'd love your patterns for the hat, vest and nightfury! Awesome job!!

JCooper said...

Happy Birthday to the big boy! Glad the party went so well! Everything looks SO adorable (and the cupcakes turned out great!). Good job Nat! Hugs and kisses!

Lynette said...

The party was pretty darn awesome! And oh my goodness the night fury turned out great! Good job! Can't wait to see him in person:)

Caitlin said...

Im so glad you took so many pictures and posted them. I miss you guys!

Tiare and James said...

I can't believe Linc is 3!!! What a cute party!!

The Hoskisson Family said...

That's so crazy that he is 3. I'm having a hard time that Isaac is turning 2 in March. I'm SOOO impressed with your stuffed dragon. Nice work Nat! Love you dear!!

stsuff

Voting