So June is a really fun month for my family. I remember as a kid how fast the month of June would go by because we had a birthday pretty much every week. Today is my Dad's birthday. I was reading this comment my sister Jen's friend left on her facebook page about how my dad used to come to our school and do presentations on how to brush and floss and it was making me laugh! I had kind of forgotten his funny little presentation. He used to have kids stand up and pretend to be teeth and then he would use a rope to show us how to floss:) ha ha that was funny to remember. I do remember how I used to be really proud that my dad was doing this presentation though. I remember kind of bragging about it! I really just thought he was so cool! There was this boy in my class that I had a crush on and he came up to me after and was like "Oral B is the best it's good your dad uses those." And I was like "oh ya he only uses the best stuff." ha ha oh funny....Ok keep in mind this is like second or third grade here...So many fun memories:) It is funny how even though my memories are mostly happy ones I can't seem to keep this knot in my throat down. I guess just thinking of him so much keeps the tears pretty close by. I think that being able to cry it out is good for the soul though, so I let it happen when it needs to happen:) It is amazing to look back on his life and see the many lives changed through his presence in the world. As my little sister put on her facebook this morning, his are some big shoes to fill... As his daughter I do feel that pressure, it's a good pressure I want to live my life in a way that I know he would be proud!
I wanted to celebrate today, but I just couldn't pull anything together... busy day... But I did want to remember him and so I am doing it here.
So I chose each picture for a specific reason... It was funny to me as I was putting them on here, I realized they are almost all of Jackson Hole... I am pretty sure that is what Heaven looks like. When I close my eyes and picture myself there, it is always a happy moment. Even as a young girl I appreciated it for it's beauty and serenity.
And this one because of his hair... I remember how his hair used to curl up like that on the sides:)) I loved it:) This picture makes me so happy:)
SO happy birthday to my Dad! Oh how I miss him and can't wait to be with him again when the time comes... It will be a very happy reunion! LOVE YOU DAD!



2 comments:
What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing!!
Aw, That's a great tribute to your dad. Happy birthday to him, and you I believe. You have June birthday too if I remember correctly. Love the old pictures. Very sweet.
Post a Comment