Friday, September 16, 2011

stuff

Before we headed to Salt lake we got to spend a couple of wonderful days with "Pops" Scott's dad! He came out to visit us for a special occasion! We are so grateful that he made the trip! It meant a lot to us! The kids loved playing with him, and I love that they got to spend some much time with him. They are thinking they may move to Utah!! that would be awesome if they did!
A couple days after we arrived in SLC, annie and caleb took off for a new adventure! Dental School in Phoenix Arizona!! We are so excited for them and proud of them! Caleb has yet to hold gracen without her screaming in his face... if he had stayed until the end of the week he might have gotten that chance... Well maybe:) She's a mommy's girl and quite a challenge...


I thought I should blog a little about my recent trip to Salt Lake. It was a lot of fun and as always it was so good to be with family. I was also able to attend the funeral of a family friend and I was happy that I could be there for that. Over all the week I spent at home was truly wonderful and I am always amazed at how much I truly hate leaving. We drove through some of neighborhoods around where I grew up and looked at the beautiful homes. What I would give to live in that area and most any of those homes. They are beautiful, with green trees and lawns. I do miss that when I am down here. However, It was comforting to know that we would be having beautiful summer weather until pretty much November, so I can't be too sad:)
We went to the Zoo to see the dinosaurs, but we got there a day late:( Lincoln kept asking my mom where they were, it was kind of funny and sad at the same time;) When we went over to the tigers, they were up and walking around and one of them was just roaring like crazy!
We also went to visit the aquarium! I loved the new "superhero" fish section! It was fun. We got to see them feed the penguins, and linc loved watching the one fish who digs a hole and spits out the rocks. Gracen wanted to swim with the sting rays. They came up to her and touched her little fingers. She thought it was pretty great.

1 comment:

JCooper said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. I can't believe how big those kiddos are getting. They are so stinkin' cute! Congrats on the new calling Scott!

stsuff

Voting