Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wowza!

I have taken a long hiatus from blogging! But now that we have a computer again, I'm trying to catch up a little bit. Unfortunately, although our computer is working... we have yet to get our iphoto to open up and start working. So as of now I have no pictures to post. Hopefully we can get it figured out soon and I can post a bunch of pictures from october to now:)
October: Was a fun month and I accomplished a long awaited goal, which was to race in a triathlon. Now the word Race I am using quite loosely... I didn't really race... I finished though:) It was AWESOME! I loved it so much and I loved how strong I felt after all of the hard work of training and the race were done. I am planning on racing in the Iron Girl Lake Las Vegas tri in May! Yay!

Also in October, I got to run in the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay with a group of AMAZING women and It was so much fun getting to know some really great women while taking in awesome Vegas scenery:) Scott and the kids came and watched me run at a couple of points during the race and I loved seeing them as I ran by:) We did really well and had a blast doing it.

Halloween was a blast up in SlC. Lincoln was Iron Man!! and Gracen was Rapunzel. They had so much fun trick or treating and spending time with family.

November: We got to go down to Phoenix Arizona to visit my little sister Annie and her husband Caleb. They recently relocated down there for Dental school. They live in the cutest house with the best back yard! Rocky LOVED it there :) We had so much fun spending time with them!

December: Has been wonderful! The first year we lived here I remember thinking there wasn't a lot to do here tradition wise... Wow was I wrong! Every year I keep hoping I can fit everything in that I want to do before the month is over. Highlights this month were the really awesome Favorite things party my friend lynette put on. Going to the Nutcracker at the Paris! It was incredible and made me wish I had been able to stick with ballet. Oh well... I will have to live that dream out vicariously through my daughter;) ha ha.
Going to the Bellagio Garden and watching the fountain show. They played "Oh Holy Night" and it was hard to not shed a tear or two while watching. I've always loved that song, but truthfully it has to be one of the most beautifully worded songs ever. It is officially my favorite Christmas song.
Going to Ethly M cactus garden and seeing Santa! As we walked around, even though it was kind of cold, I realized how much I love our beautiful winters here! I loved that Linc wore his flip flops out... and I loved that he could and not be miserable.
Christmas Eve, we drove around and looked at Christmas lights had a steak dinner with a piece of chocolate cake from PF Changs:) Read the Christmas Story:)
Christmas Day... Nothing is better than watching your kids look around and see that "Santa" has come. It is so magical and I love it!

Now on to our New Year celebrations! We are headed up to Salt Lake to spend time with family and I am so excited!

No comments:

stsuff

Voting