Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rocky Love


I thought it was about time that I wrote another little something about my poor neglected doggy! I have a new appreciation for him! There are two things about having him around that make life all the better! One, he makes me feel safe. At night I tend to freak myself out, that all sorts of bad things are going to happen, but not so much with the Rock dog around. He doesn't bark very much in fact he never does, but when someone comes to the door or even just on our porch he will let us know. So I sleep soundly knowing if anyone were to come anywhere near our door, Rocky would let us know. Second is how amazing he is with lincoln! Granted Linc is a food dropper and is usually covered with all sorts of wonderful smells and new tastes for Rocky, but he is great with him nonetheless. When Linc and I are on the floor Rocky with hop off the couch and lay on the floor next to us and sniff linc's feet while lincoln tugs and tugs on his ears and the whiskers above his eyes. It can't be comfortable but Rocky never lets on. He just lays there sniffing and licking his feet. It is so cute! So here's to the dog that everyone said would eat my child! We love ya Rock!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Isn't it such a relief that your dog doesn't see Linc as hamburger? Oh, and Chance says, "Hi Rock."

Sammie K said...

So, I have to tell you... you know how Sammie loves to dress up? Well, the other day she asked me what color Rocky is? I did my best to explain and than about 5 minutes later, she came in crawling on all fours wearing a brown shirt and black pants. Too funny. I have to say he was one of her shortest lived characters. Must have been too hard on the knees. I guess he made quite an impression on her.

stsuff

Voting