Sunday, November 16, 2008

I am so thankful for my Grandma Charlotte!

I am so Thankful for my Grandma Charlotte!  She has been as much a parent to me as both my mom and dad.  She has been there for everything! I even lived with her for about six months while my parents were still in Monterrey Mexico.  
I have come to gain a great respect for her over the years.  She is a single mother who worked to support her family and to give them a good life.  But it didn't stop there.  I think I learned to  respect her even more  during the years when my dad was in his wheelchair.  She practically moved in and helped take over a great many tasks around the house.  We could not have survived those seven years without her.  She didn't just help around the house though, it was so much more than that.  She brought a great peace into our home.  She helped all of us to be happy in the midst of a lot of hard things.  Her beautiful smile, fun stories, amazing food and shoulder to lean on were miracles to me.  
Living out here my first year was very difficult.  One of the things that I remember about that first year were the letters she would send .  Letter writing is such a lost art.  I loved hearing from her and seeing her handwriting.  Those letters were and still are so special to me. They were such a comfort.  It is amazing to me how even though we are so far apart I can still feel her comfort me through her letters.  I have to admit I wasn't as good at writing back but I hope she knows how much I love her and appreciate her. She does more for me than I deserve! 
I am so truly thankful for my Grandma and the beautiful person that she is! 
I love you Grandma!!!

1 comment:

Sammie K said...

Nat, you are so sweet. I'm sure she is just as wonderful as you expressed, and I'm sure that she is just as thankful for you. If she is anything like you, than she is one amazing lady.

stsuff

Voting