Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Mom


So here is the last of my Thanksgiving posts. I just wanted to take a moment and wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! I love how this month helps us to remember all of the many blessing we have in our lives. I would just like to say one more time how grateful I am for my wonderful family!

I could talk about my mom's many accomplishments but when I sat down and typed it all out, it was just too long. I couldn't narrow it down enough to say all I wanted to say so I am just going to say what is in my heart.


As some of you know I was adopted. My parents were living in Merida Mexico when they found out about me. It was the very end of their mission and for those who have adopted you know how long it takes to adopt a child, my dad thought there wasn't enough time, but my mom told me that she knew I was hers. What I love most about this story is that even though I wasn't born naturally to her, She still KNEW I was hers. I have never questioned the fact that she is my mother. People often ask if I want to find my "real mom"...( I am not offended by this question by the way.) It is funny to me that people would think that my mom is not my real mom. She anticipated my arrival as much as any pregnant mom anticipates the arrival of their child. She knew I was apart of her family just like any mom to be knows that child is hers. She cried, struggled, labored, taught, gave, listened to and loved me just as any mother does and probably more! She is my mother! How silly to think that just because I am adopted she is not my real mom. I just want to set the record straight...I have no other mother.





I cannot express in words very well what my mom means to me. One thing that keeps popping up into my mind is how becoming a mother myself has helped me to understand her a little bit more. I know I have a lot to learn but she has given me a great example of what a mother is. Those who knew me well in high school, know how my mom and I didn't get along well back then. Sadly I can't take back any of what happened then, but I love that even though I was the way I was my mom loved me through it all. I think a good example of this is how, even though I was a pain, she helped me. She helped me to be dedicated in my piano practicing, among other things, and helped to give me every opportunity to expand on my talent. I credit her for my accomplishments with that and can not thank her enough for it.
We have such a wonderful relationship with each other now that I can't imagine things were ever any different for us.
She is such an awesome example to me of what a mother should be. I am so thankful for her exemplary life thus far! If I can be half as good as she is in this life then I will have it made! I love you mom!


2 comments:

Heather Tolbert said...

Oh Nat, you were such a cute baby! That is a sweet post about your mom. I know she is a wonderful lady who loves you very much and I know that you are a great mom as well! I hope you and little Linc are doing well. Miss ya!

Ashley DeMille said...

What a good post! Thanks for reminding me to be thankful. Your mom seems like a very good person. I can't believe how cute linc is! I am so sorry I really need to send you your dog leash. Email me your address and I'll try to get it out this week. I hope you are still thinking of moving to Richfield because we really miss you guys :o)

stsuff

Voting