Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CHRISTMAS!

Can you believe that Christmas has already come and gone? ( well kind of.) A long time ago we were watching a family movie from when I was young and we were swimming at my Grandpa's pool and my dad said to us, " Hey kids guess what's six months from today?" and then he said, "Christmas!" We were all squealing with glee, it was funny but don't you remember how far a way Christmas seemed every year growing up? I just feel like it came so fast this year!  It makes me sad to think it's already over.  Mom I wanted to get these up as soon as possible so you could see Lincoln's first Christmas.
Well here's a small recap of what we've done for the last few days.  
Yesterday Scott and I decided to give each other our Christmas gifts which were movie tickets to go see Australia! It was such an awesome movie! We both loved it which is so rare for us.  We would have waited to go after Christmas, but Liana gets free tickets for Tuesday's, so... since we weren't getting each other anything for Christmas, it worked out just perfect.  It was fun to go on a date and leave Lincoln, but honestly we were so excited to get back to him.  We miss him every time we have to leave him. 


Also yesterday we went to Scott's dad's work and saw the big electric train set up they have there! It was so awesome and although Lincoln didn't act like he loved it, I know he did.  I think. He just stared and stared.  It was fun to see the big trains! It was also fun to see where Grandpa worked.  I had never been and neither has Linc, so it was fun.



Last night to celebrate Christmas Eve, we had a huge yummy dinner and then all the kids opened one gift.  Lincoln got new red fleece jammies.  He knew he was getting them but he acted all excited anyway.  He really just enjoyed the paper and box that they came in.
We also had the fun opportunity to attend the blessing of our little nephew Cameron! He is such a snuggly little doll! They did it at the house so it was just a nice quiet gathering!




Here are some random pictures from Christmas morning.  Scott and I got him a cute black bear and a book called  "Good Night Gorilla" which I thought was fitting since Lincoln is like a little Gorilla.  My mom randomly got him the same thing, but smaller bear.  He loves books right now so he was all over those books.  He also got hooked up from Santa! AKA Grandma and Pops.  Anyway.  It has been a wonderful morning and it has been so fun to spend time with everyone!






3 comments:

Sammie K said...

I'm so glad that you guys are having a fun time there. We miss you all so much and wish we could be there too. It makes me feel better at least to know that adding 2 more kiddos would have just added to the chaos and probably ruined everyones chance to relax. Lincoln is SO stinkin' cute. We miss him! Merry Christmas. Love you guys!

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Natalie, it is so much fun to read updates on your family. I can not belive how big your baby is getting! I hope you are doing good. Tell your family hi for me.

Ashley DeMille said...

cute pictures! We almost got those same PJs for Jaxon. We miss you guys

stsuff

Voting