Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm sorry ( said Rocky )


Rocky has just found out that he has Lyme Disease. Yay! He isn't dying or anything, the medication is just super expensive. Of course. But what I want to know, Rock, is how the heck did you get lyme disease in the middle of winter?! I don't walk you in the middle of the forest nor do I let you roam free. BLAH! Oh well. We love you anyway Rock. Well other than that Rocky is so great. It has been a while since I've devoted a post to the Rock Dog.
So this week lincoln has officially started walking everywhere, and Rocky was walking around and lincoln was chasing him, so Rocky kind of started walking faster and kept walking in a loop around the dining room and kitchen. Lincoln had a blast following him around and around laughing and babbling and Rocky didn't seem to mind playing with him. It was so cute. Rocky has learned to play with lincoln in some really cute ways and it has been fun to watch them become good friends. Rocky knows that when linc is around he gets food so needless to say, Lincoln is quickly becoming Rocky's favorite in the family.
Rocky enjoys looking out the window and letting both me and linc know that Scott is coming home from school. It is the only time he barks now. When he sees Scott walking down the street he barks then he runs to the back door and sits there and cries and cries until scott comes through the door, while Lincoln gets up and moves as fast as his chubby little legs will take him to see Rocky and Daddy at the back door. It is sooooo cute. Rocky will look out that window for HOURS at a time, just waiting.
SO I know this is supposed to be entirely devoted to Rocky but I couldn't pass up these pictures that scott took of lincoln eating a blue sucker. His mouth was blue for the rest of the day. He looked so cute though.
For those who are interested, no word on the job front. We are still waiting to hear back from some places and scott is still sending out resumes. We are looking at California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, and Texas. The job market isn't at its best so we are worried but hopeful. Scott did so great in law school and has had some really great jobs and internships and he definitely has an edge over most so it will hopefully all work out. I can't believe that law school is pretty much over. It seemed like it was going to be so long and now all of the sudden it has come and gone. crazy.

6 comments:

Scott said...

Poor Rocky! He's such a great dog. When he was staying with us he played the same games with our boys. Actually, I'm not sure if he was leading them around the house as a game or, more likely, was just trying to find some peace and quiet away from my little guys...
Best of luck with the job hunt - something will come your way!

Jenn said...

I swear I didn't let him run in the forest either. He was unsupervised in our yard a couple times. Who knew ticks were out this time of year anyway. I hope it wasn't on our watch. Poor Rocky, I hope you feel better soon boy.

Abe and Lisa said...

Ya for looking for jobs!! Maybe you guys can be closer to Salt Lake now. And when I was nannying in Long Island, some old man there told me that Lyme disease is common backeast. He even said that he had it. So who knows??

Andrew and Ariel said...

Good luck finding a job! We're probably moving out there in a year or so, so we might be doing a swap! Bad luck!

Hillary said...

Rocky is so loveable! Poor doggie. Maybe we should come visit. Miss you!! We need to get together and hang!! Ben and Linc need to wear their matching shirts!! :) Thanks again for coming to the party!! Loved having you there.

Shawna Wilson said...

Well I sure hope a job works out for ya here in Utah! I miss my Natalie too...but hey I guess wherever you end up I will have to come visit, cause I love you're stinkin guts!

P.S. I want to slobber your babies cheeks!

stsuff

Voting