Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The last little while

The new bed!!! It is just a twin bed with a bunk foam mattress and bunk board so it's nice and low to the ground, perfect for the linc man!
I love how he says cheese when I take pictures of him, priceless :)
My little Handy Manny. Scott brought home some canvas and D rings one day and asked me to make him a tool belt. He likes it, but I wish I had taken a little more time on it.
The tool set. They sing a nice little song when he presses a button and kind of wiggle around. It is funny!
The manny hat, man he loves that thing!

The last few weeks have been a lot of fun around here! First off my sister Megan, her husband and kids came for a weekend and hung out! Meg and Marc took us to dinner at the Paris buffet at the Paris on the strip, it was awesome and sooooo yummy! The next night we went to the U of U UNLV game! The VT family are die hard Ute fans and so am I, so it was fun to do that with them. Their little kids know every word to the fight song and it was so cute hearing them sing it every time we scored a touch down. We won of course and the night was great! While they were here they also bought Lincoln a new bed!!!! He was in need and I hadn't gotten around to it. A while ago he climbed out of his crib and got a concussion and we had to take him to the hospital because he was throwing up.... I should have gotten him this bed a long time ago. He loves it soooo much. He jumps onto and says "mine."

Well for Halloween Lincoln is going to be Handy Manny! He likes Handy Manny, just not as much as he likes Curious George, but he looks more like Handy Manny so I thought it would be an easy costume for Halloween. Well we got him this red trucker hat that looks just like Handy Manny's and he won't take it off, he LOVES it! He looks pretty cute in it too. We also bought him a the tool box set of Handy Manny's tools. Scott brought it home one day after he'd locked Lincoln in the car in 90 degree weather for twenty minutes. The firemen had to come and get him out... It was soooo sad and I could barely stand it. Scott felt really bad and bought him the set even though we had decided not to get it. So he is all ready to go! He is getting really excited for Halloween and says Pumpkin all of the time. I don't know why pumpkin is the word, I guess he likes it.
Today we went to the party at the Library. We go every Tuesday for story time but it was a Halloween party today. He got to dress up and everyone loved his costume! He really did look so adorable. They went trick or treating around the Library and there was this one room where scary music was blasting and people were wearing masks and lincoln would say ooooh aaaahh ! He loved it, he is definitely his mother's child. I love scary things too. Most of the little kids were crying during that part.

So I know most of you know from facebook, but for those who don't, Scott passed the Nevada Bar Exam! It is one of the hardest bar exams to pass, and one of the longer ones as well. Most are only two days and Nevada is three days! Only 60 percent of those who took it passed and my husband was part of that!!! He also passed above average. He came home after the third day of taking that test so worried that he didn't pass because of an essay that really caught him off guard, but obviously he did ok :)He is going to be mad I am bragging about him, but he worked soooo dang hard and man, he deserves this!! Today he got sworn in so he is an official lawyer. I couldn't make it to the swearing in, because Lincoln was sleeping and scott didn't find out until today, but there is a federal swearing in that I will get to go to. So all of those hard years of work are finally starting to pay off and I couldn't be prouder of the man I married!!! He is amazing in every way and I am so incredibly blessed.

I thought I would add a little of what Lincoln is up to. He is talking a lot although it is his own special lincoln language. There are some words that come through and I can generally figure out what he's saying after a while, but it's funny. He says George a lot. He loves the show curious george so every morning when he wakes up he says george, meaning he wants to watch it... lately in the mornings instead of yelling for daddy or mommy, like he usually does when he wakes up he yells out "Rocky!" It is hilarious. I guess we are not quick enough for him. He likes to tell people he is one and that his name is Lincoln. He always wants to be "side" which is out side. He has been loving pickles and popsicles lately and extremely sweet to mommy since she hasn't been feeling well. I just love this little guy he is my best buddy!

6 comments:

Ali said...

Congratulations to your husband! Thats definitely an amazing achievement and my hat goes off to you as well for all that you did to support him.

The pictures of Linc with his Handy Manny accessories are SO so cute. What a great Halloween idea.

Amber Volle said...

Congrats guys... not feeling well ha!?!? Is there something you want to tell us Nat! Just kidding, I hated it when people did this!

Paul and Joni said...

I miss little Linc man - I bet Rocky feels cool being called first in the morning.
I can't imagine the relief you guys must feel after getting over the big bar exam hurdle. CONGRATS SCOTT!!

Joni

Hillary said...

HEY!!! I am so out of the loop on blogs... I just read a ton of your posts and I miss you SOOO much!! Seriosuly!

I wish Ben and Lincoln could play together! Ben says "Side" ALL DAY LONG too... these boys love the outdoors! It must have been all those long walks around the resevoir when they were newborns/babies! :) Remember that?!

I am so homesick for CT! I know weird... but I am... I miss it!

Your house is so cute! I LOVE that green and white comfortor on the bed... and the painting looks great too... Our walls are still bare.

CONGRATS!!! to scott!!! Hip-hip-horray!! Good on ya Scott!

I miss you and hope you are well... I REALLY wish Oklahoma and Nevada were a little closer... Shucky-darn!!! XOXOXO!!

Hillary said...

P.S. Ben is being a Cop for Halloween... Handy Many and Officer Sorensen would be so cute! And I was thinking the same thing as Amber up there.... Is there a REASON you aren't feeling good?!?!!?!?! he he he he... :) It seemed like you strategically inserted that!! :) ha ha ha.

Ashley DeMille said...

Lincoln is so cute! He'll make a great big brother! Just kidding I just noticed all the comments about you not feeling very well! We still need to get together. Things are starting to slow down again! Maybe we need to go to NV to do some outlet shopping!

stsuff

Voting