Monday, November 2, 2009

H-A double L-O-W double E-N!

This is a random picture, but It's hard for me to not put up just tons of pictures of this little guy, I just think he is so darn cute :)
Handy manny! He is holding Pat the hammer. I just loved his costume he looked so cute!





Scott and I ventured up to Salt Lake City for Halloween this year and were able to spend time with a lot of my family! It turned out so perfect and Lincoln loved spending time with his cousins! They all love him so much and he just loves them right back. This year he was Handy Manny! I thought that he looked so much like Handy Manny that it would be an easy costume and one that he could wear after Halloween... We had a pre Trick or Treating party and had Jack O' Lantern shaped pizza. It was a lot of fun! We went Trick or Treating with all his cousins ( minus Daniel and Isaac, who we really missed!!!) around my Grandma's neighborhood and Lincoln got a ton of candy! Scott and I kind of felt silly because people probably knew Linc couldn't eat some of that stuff and probably thought we were doing it to get free candy for ourselves, which isn't that far from the truth! Heh heh. We ended the night by playing a fun game of Nerts after the kiddos were in bed :)


( the ghosts that joined us for dinner :)

On Sunday we celebrated All Saints Day! It's a holiday for honoring the dead. It is probably more commonly known in other countries and by other names like Dia de los Muertos in Mexico. My mom had a beautiful dinner for us. The table was amazing and I'm still dreaming about how good the food was! My mom makes holidays so fun! Before dinner we went around and said a Saint or Hero who we would like to invite to dinner and then she had these cute ghosts we put up on our chairs! It was so hard to decide who to invite there are so many people I admire and would love to meet and ask questions.


I loved this tradition and of course the first person I would have invited to dinner if I could would have been my dad... I have been missing him a lot lately and even though in the end it was getting hard, I would give anything to have him here. I would even do all the things I hated doing for him when he was here and I would be happy to do it. It is hard to look back, there are just too many things I would change... So I suppose I should just focus on the the future and trying to do everything I can to meet him again:) If I were to follow mexican tradition I would leave him some root beer and a T.V and DVD player so he could watch star trek :) Here's to dad! Love you!

4 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

Oh my goodness...I just cannot get over what a handsome little guy Lincoln is! He made a PERFECT handy manny. :)

Allison and Josh said...

Lincoln is the CUTEST! Oh Nat, you never tell us when you're in Salt Lake!! But I realize you have lots of family to see! Hopefully the next time you're here, we can all get together! I loved your post! And I sure loved your dad! I loved that he would always want to listen to me sing. He's a stud! I'm glad you'll get to see him again someday!

Kelly said...

i totally know how you feel. like you i would do anything to have my dad back, even just for a day. i have dreams all the time that i do see him for the day and then i wake up and it just feels weird. at least we know that some day we will be together again and our cute kids will be able to meet them. i cant believe how big lincoln is getting. so cute!

Timothy & Kimberly Pettitt said...

AAAHHH, I can't believe we were in Utah the same weekend and we didn't even get together...boo! Lincoln looks adorable...just like handy manny...I love it! Miss you guys! PS...please come for Thanksgiving!

stsuff

Voting