Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

At the close of this beautiful day here in Vegas, I can't end this holiday without expressing my gratitude for my amazing family and friends. Scott and I have had to make huge changes in our lives this last year and it has been so wonderful to have our wonderful family and friends there to support us.
It was an "off " year for my family this year, so we all went our separate ways today. It is weird to think that Thanksgiving with my whole family may not ever happen again... It might, but the odds are not in our favor :) With eight kids, it was inevitable that this would happen, but It still makes me sad. I remember when none of us were married, like it was yesterday and sometimes I have a hard time making it feel like the holidays because I think my parents made it what it is to me. I am trying my best for Lincoln but it still doesn't feel the same for me. Maybe as he gets older and he can understand more, it will change, who knows. I am grateful for wonderful friends to spend it with though. My other siblings went to in-law's homes this year, or those who could anyway, and since Scott's parents live on the other side of the country it wasn't possible this year for us to do that either and it was the first year we have had to spend away from family. It was fun and I feel so blessed to have the gospel in our lives, to move out here to Vegas and make so many wonderful friends in our ward. It was almost like spending Thanksgiving with family!
Well Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Shawna Wilson said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! It would definitely be hard for me to be without family for the holidays. Here's to hoping Robbie gets into the U for law school so we can stay close!!! He takes the LSAT again this next Saturday. Miss your stinkin guts... love you!!!

Christy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! It was our year to do it with the Peterson side. Ashley, Steve, Ivy, and Jane came for a little bit and it was SO good to see them. I hope that we will be able to see you over Christmas break. And congrats Scott!

Christy said...

Funny thing. . . My Mom moved in right by Josh and Steph! She is next building over from them. So they are in the same ward. Josh and Steph were so cute, they came to my Mom's condo a couple times to say hi, and offer to help. They brought some yummy salsa over.

stsuff

Voting