Monday, February 22, 2010

Other stuff

Well February has been a busy month for us! Lincoln decided one night that he wanted to use the toilet and although he is not fully potty trained yet( because scott and I were caught so off guard by it all we haven't been able to come up with a potty training plan...) he asks me to go to the toilet about ten times a day or more. He is getting a lot better and he generally has dry diapers! We are so proud of him! He is pretty proud of himself!

I took this picture right after he went in the toilet the first time :)

Lincoln and dad have been having a lot of fun together this month. They always have fun together but I love how much Lincoln copies his dad. We were watching Ice Age the other night and Scott was laying on the ground with a basketball under his head and lincoln tried to do it but couldn't so scott shared his arm but they laid there and watched the whole movie like that :)

The next day Lincoln's grandma Liana sent him a birthday package and inside was a lot of great stuff like books and clothes and this awesome shaving kit! So Lincoln and Dad got to shave together that evening. It was cute!

I can't believe my little boy is two! He is so handsome and smart and just AMAZING! He does so much. He can even count to 10 by himself. He knows lots of shapes and colors. At story time the other day, she was asking the kids what colors the cookies were and Lincoln knew all of them but yellow and she was so impressed with him! He was super proud of himself too.
I love this boy!!!!!
This last Saturday was quite an adventure for me and baby girl... Scott and I were at a baptism that evening and at the end of it I had to play the closing hymn and I noticed while I was sitting at the bench how much my back was hurting. I just thought it was really bad back pain and told him we needed to hurry and go because I wasn't feeling well. Anyway when we got home I had to go lay down and I was just trying to get comfortable, I helped bathe linc, wrote in my journal and read my scriptures and then when we had lincoln down, Scott came in and asked me what he could do and then offered to go buy me a heating pad, so I was like sure maybe that will help. Then when he got back I tried it out but it was NOT helping so I thought I would take a hot bath and that wasn't helping either so scott started looking up back pain problems and we kind of figured out that it was probably a kidney stone.... oh blah. I called my mom to get her opinion and then we decided to head in to the ER. By Now it is about 9:30 and as we were trying to go, the pain got so bad I started throwing up everywhere... sorry I know this is yucky. I could barely stand it, it was so horrible and when we finally got to the hospital they told me I had to wait until I was in the system before they could give me any pain meds and I know they were working as fast as they could but it was NOT fast enough. I was screaming literally and I could tell the nurses had just about had it with me. But I cannot even describe how painful this was. I didn't get any pain meds for about an hour and a half after I got there. once my IV was in and they had taken blood I got the meds and they took the edge off the pain but I could still feel it. Then baby girl's heart rate started to fly and they got really worried about it and I started contracting really bad so they gave me meds to stop the contractions. She calmed down quickly after that, but they were still coming so not only was I passing this kidney stone I was contracting and it was lovely. But after a few hours things were under control but the pain was still pretty bad I threw up a couple more times. The pain meds only helped for about 45 mins but I could only get the medicine every three hours so I had to deal with it. The next morning around 12 noon I felt the pain just go, and thought maybe the stone just passed but they said it had just moved. They monitored me and baby girl for the rest of the day to make sure she was ok and the contractions had subsided a bit and then sent me home at around 7 pm. But it still hurts and I have some pain meds and antibiotics I have to take. All I can say is that this truly was worse than labor. At least with labor you have a break every few minutes. I do not wish this on anyone, especially a pregnant anyone. I am happy to be home though. I am also very happy that my little baby girl is ok. She has been giving me scares this whole pregnancy. In fact just a few weeks ago I was in the Dr.'s office because I was bleeding. But everything was fine. Anyway, I am about 27 weeks and It is funny because I keep thinking I am big and then I had scott take a belly pic for me and I look the same as I did at like 20 wks. Lincoln was this way too. I have a feeling I will be measuring small with this one too. :)
( this is me at 25 wks)
We are still struggling with baby girl names! So feel free to leave name options for us! I am beginning to freak out with all the stuff I need to do and just need in general before she gets here! I kept telling myself once March got here I would get things done, but I am realizing that, that really wasn't a lot of time. Lincoln came two weeks early, and maybe she won't, but I feel like I should be prepared just incase she does:) May is just coming too fast right now! I am sure come April it won't be here fast enough!

7 comments:

elyse said...

Natalie! I am so sorry about your kidney stone story. That sounds so terrible. I'm glad your baby is doing okay now and that you're feeling better. I hope things keep progressing upwards! All the best!!

Allison and Josh said...

Oh Nat! That sounds awful! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes more smoothly! Linc is absolutely adorable! Love you!

Abe and Lisa said...

Kidney stones and being pregnant. Ouch!! That sounds so horrible. I'm so sorry Nat. You are one tough woman!! I loved that pic of Lincoln. He is so adorable. I can't wait to see baby girl!! Hang in there.

Amber Volle said...

Holy Smokes Natalie, I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if there is anything that we can do!

Andrew and Ariel said...

What a terrible experience! I hope you are all through with it!
Happy birthday to Lincoln! What a big boy! I hope Abe decides to potty train himself soon!

Tiare and James said...

YIKES!! That sounded awful! No wonder I haven't been able to get a hold of you! I'm so glad that you and baby are okay, though!

Shawna Wilson said...

Hey my friend, we need to have another girl chat! I want to hear all about your trauma...that sounds just awful! I'm sure it was a nightmare. My mom has had quite a few kidney stones and she'll be the first one to tell you they ARE worse than labor. (and she has had an epidural malfunction and not do it's job, so they must be bad!) I am so sorry you've had so much trouble with this pregnancy. At least we have the technology and medicine to help us out. I'm sure this girl of yours is going to be absolutely adorable in every way! Ok... I'm heading to bed, but wanted to leave ya a little note. I'll give you a call soon!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

stsuff

Voting