Thursday, March 4, 2010

The end of the story...

I don't have any pictures but the last two weeks have been interesting. The first part of the story is below, but sadly it didn't end there. I tried to stay home and let the kidney stone pass but the pain was soooooo unbearable on Thursday I finally couldn't take it anymore. So we headed back to the hospital so I could be comfortable and I was worried it would make me have contractions again. So once I was there they gave me ultrasounds to see if they could see where the stone was, but never saw one, so we just waited. finally on Sunday they decided that I needed to have a little surgery to help with the problem. So I had to get a stent put in by the kidney to help with the pain. It was kind of scary because the doctors kept telling me about all of the awful things that could happen having to go under. But everything was fine. They said it could still be a stone but it could also be the baby pressing on something that is causing the pain. But we won't be able to find out until after she is born in May... Which is kind of annoying. Now I just have to take it easy and make sure I don't go into pre-term labor. We had to send Lincoln to Ely to stay with my sister and we are picking him up on Saturday! I have missed him so much!
So on a different note I have something really great to announce! Well I have been done with most of my schooling for a long time now. I had three classes I had to finish after scott and I moved to CT, two of which I took care of, and then a math class I kept putting off. I actually took it and failed :( Well I decided to take it again this last year and I just found out I passed and I am officially graduating from BYU!!!! I am soooo excited that it is official! This class has been weighing on me for so long now and it feels so good to be done. I don't know what to do with myself now that I have no school work to do.... just kidding! I am excited to focus on this new baby girl and my wonderful little boy full time now!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah! Congratulations -- on graduating that is. And a big fat BOO to the pain! I'm so sorry about that. What a horrible experience...but hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

Melanie and Daniel said...

That is awesome you are graduating! Let me know if you need any more help with Lincoln when he comes back. You need to make sure you keep taking it easy.

Allison and Josh said...

Yay for graduation! That is awesome, Nat! Sorry about the kidney stuff! That sounds awful. My sister in law had gall stones when she was pregnant with Ava and had to have her gall bladder taken out while pregnant and it was super scary! I hope you can survive these last few months without any issues! love you!

Kendra said...

Congrats on graduating! That is such an accomplishment. I am sorry for all you have been going through. Please let me know what I can do to help!

jen said...

Oh my goodness Nat, so sorry about the kidney stones! That sounds horrible. Hopefully they're gone and the rest of your pregnancy will go well. And congrats on graduating! :)

Tiare and James said...

Who'd have ever thunk, back in highschool, that you'd be a BYU grad?! Goooooooo Cougars! I'm so proud of you!! I'm also way sorry about your kidney stone. Your baby girl needs to start taking it easy on my Natatat! When are you going to be in town again? I'd love to get you a baby gift for your new girl!

Kelly said...

sorry about the kidney stones. that does not sound fun. i think chelsea had those when she was pregnant with isaac. congrats on graduating! thats so exciting!

Kimi said...

Oh Natalie, that sounds aweful. I hope you are feeling better now. You are almost there! One more month to go.

Hillary said...

Oh you poor thing!!! About the kidney stone... and maybe about graduating from BYU too. He he he. Wink wink. But seriously.... that sucks SOOOOO bad. I am sorry you had to go through that!! And while your preggo.... scary and horrible. I bet your drinking water by the gallon now!! :)

Lincoln is so CUTE!!! I wish he and Ben could play! I miss you guys!! They would be so funny together right now! I have been meaning to email you to tell you that Ben had "Curious George" party for his 2nd birthday too!!!! Isn't that funny!?!? He's obsessed with "gorege"... the TV show the movie the books. Sometimes I think he needs addiction therapy! Just today he was watching "Handy Manny" (which I think of Lincoln in his cute halloween outfit every time it comes on)... and halfway through he asked "George?" I said okay and went to switch to George and he said "By Manny!". Aren't they funny at this age? I wish I could see you guys!!!! Too bad OK and NV aren't closer to eachother! Dang.

Hope you are feeling better!!! MISS YOU GIRL!!!
xoxoxo

stsuff

Voting