Friday, April 23, 2010

Busy :)

Well I officially have three weeks left before this little girl makes her entrance into the world! I am getting induced on the 14th and I am really excited and I would like to say ready for it, but I have a lot to get done before she comes. Because they are inducing me two weeks early I have to get an amnio done on the 13th to be on the safe side, make sure she is good and ready :) I have to admit I am a little scared of the amnio, I don't know how I feel about a huge old needle going into my belly, but I have been assured that it really is no big deal, so I am sure it's not, it just seems scary. I love that I have a date to work around now.

So in order to be ready I am currently working on finishing up all the projects I've started for this little girl. I opted to make her bumpers and quilt, like I did with Linc, and I just finished her quilt today and it turned out so so cute I just love it! I was worried that it would look really plain and silly because I decided to make it a little easier for myself and not cut out individual squares. I will post pictures of everything when I finish. I have 4 more bumpers to finish but they are looking adorable too. I am really happy with them. I also have a really cute bow holder, that I just need to put the ribbons on now, and I need to find a small bookshelf to put baskets or boxes on to hold her stuff :) I just washed all her clothes and scott and I both agreed it was a really fun load of wash :) I have a long list of things I need to clean and buy... Wish me luck... I have a lot to do:)

Along with all of this stuff, I am still a mother to the cutest little boy in the whole world! He is just growing up so much! He keeps me soooo busy! He is just very curious with everything. He is doing really well with potty training and is basically potty trained:) He does have his moments though... especially with #2 ha ha! But I made him a really cool potty chart that he is super excited about and although sunday and monday he had two little accidents, before that he had gone almost five days without any accidents and hasn't had any since monday, so hopefully he will keep it up! It is nice to not have to buy diapers for him and actually it was almost becoming impossible because he was wearing a size six and they don't make diapers bigger than that apparently. If they do, I haven't seen them.

He is a great little singer and loves to sing twinkle little star and I love to see the temple. He makes up his own words when he doesn't know what they are, but he is very smart! He knows a lot of letters and can now count to 20! He knows a lot of shapes as well and is learning diamond, oval and octagon right now :) He is still struggling with them but I have a feeling he will get them down pretty soon.

We had a fun visit from Scott's dad yesterday. He was in town for work, and it was so good to see him and spend time with him. We haven't seen him since we moved out of our Hartford apartment last spring and I really have missed him so much! Lincoln warmed up to him right away and they had a lot of fun playing with each other. I wish I had taken a picture of lincoln with his cute grandpa! Rocky had fun too :)

I am excited it is the weekend and love being able to spend time with my husband. Scott is doing really well with work and has recently become their go to guy with bankruptcy cases. He has been going to these bankruptcy seminars for his firm because they were in spanish and he was the only one who spoke. So he had to learn a lot and even though he doesn't love bankruptcy law, it is cool that he has broadened his knowledge of the law and I am very proud of him! We have both felt that this job has been just the most incredible blessing for our family!

I promise that I will post pictures soon but I wanted to write down what we have been up to the last little while.

4 comments:

Andrew and Ariel said...

How exciting you're getting so close! Please post pictures soon!

Tiare and James said...

I can't believe you only have a few more weeks!! CRAZY!! You have to post pics of all of the cute stuff you're making! I'm so amazed by your craftiness :)

Allison and Josh said...

Nat, you are so crafty! I can't wait to see her bedding! I am so excited to see your little girl! She will be an absolute doll!! We will hopefully be going to St. George again in the next month or two, so we will have to work something out to meet up! love ya!

Moffat Family said...

I cannot wait to see her...of course she'll be beautiful. You are awesome to be so crafty. Take pictures!

stsuff

Voting