Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gracen Joy!



We had some fun visits the first few weeks! Scott's mom Liana came with scott's little brother Josh. It was so fun to see them, it had been a while!!! Then My mom came and stayed for a few days. She helped me so much and I cried like baby when she left. She made it so easy for those
first few hard days. It was also fun to get out and do some shopping with her help. I am a little bored right now, because it is just hard to get out.... I just need to get brave is what it is:)
Well it has been a great first two weeks! Gracen is a little angel. I was worried she might be a little colicky because of having to take Loratabs for as long as I did. But as far as we can tell she is just fine. At her first appointment she only lost a few ounces which was great news for me! She is a much better nurser than linc was ( Thank Goodness!!!) She has another appointment tomorrow and I am interested to see how much she weighs. I imagine it isn't much more than her birth weight, she is just so itty bitty. The only thing that has been bugging me is that she sleeps so much, and it is hard to wake her up to eat. The nurse kept telling me before I left the hospital that she had to eat every two to three hours and for the life of me I could not get her to wake up to eat that often, So she eats every four hours during the day and is now eating every six at night, which means I am only waking up once, at 5 am to feed her. It has been nice! Lincoln was like this too and I feel blessed to have such good sleepers! I hope she will be able to go from 8 pm to 8 am by week four like linc.... We will just have to wait and see:)

Lincoln is loving his little sister! He is soooo unbelievably sweet to her and wants to hug, kiss and hold her all of the time. He has yet to say anything negative about her( knock on wood) I hope he just loves her always:) He has been amazing too, these last two weeks. He has been able to stay occupied and happy even though I can't get him out like he wants to and sleeps in until 9 most days which is awesome because I can shower and get ready before he even wakes up! He takes three hour naps during the day which gives me time to sleep too, because Gracen naps when he does. I am sooo lucky and even though my kids are wonderful, I am still a little overwhelmed to try and make it out of the house with both, but I have to tomorrow so wish me luck!


She is still covered with hair!!! heh heh:)

20 comments:

Allison and Josh said...

Natalie, she is perfect! I am dying to meet her! I'm glad things are going so well for you-especially after the hard pregnancy you had. Good luck on your outing tomorrow! :) love ya!

Randi said...

She is awesome!

Ali said...

What a beautiful baby!!

Congrats again!

Lindsey said...

I missed the BIG announcement, but congrats to you and I love how much hair your babies have. Those are some gorgeous pictures of her.

Shawna Wilson said...

Oh my goodness Natalie! She is absolutely beautiful!! I love the bows ;) You really take amazing pictures... take a ton! I know I took WAY more with Taryn... and now Tenley already has changed so much. It was so fun to talk to you for a minute today, and one day you will e able to get out of the house :)

I love you girl... hang in there!

Talk to you soon!

Shawna Wilson said...

p.s. I am in love with her furry back :)

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

She is so cute! I love the picture of her yawning. How lucky you are to have such good sleepers...8 p.m. to 8 a.m. at 4 weeks...are you kidding me?!?

elyse said...

Natalie, so is so beautiful. I love the last pic of her all curled up. So cute! Glad that things are going well and that your kids sleep-I hope that I'll be as fortunate. :) Congrats!!

Andrew and Ariel said...

I love those pillow pics--she's a beautiful girl

Heather Tolbert said...

She's a doll and I can't believe that hair!!! I hope you're adjusting ok. Miss ya.

Debbie Lawrence said...

I remember the transition to two kids being so hard, especially when it came to taking both kids out. The first couple times were so horrible but the more I did it the faster I was able to get the hang of it. :) She is so beautiful Natalie! It is fun to see pictures of her.

Paul and Joni said...

She's beautiful guys, so glad she is healthy, I love the yawning picture

Tiare and James said...

She is precious!! I bet it's a lot harder to get out of the house with two kids. I had a hard time with just one. I miss you and can't wait to catch up!

p.s. I envy that your babies are such good sleepers. Caleb is going through a spell where he wakes up 4 to 5 times a night and usually doesn't stop crying unless I feed him. It's exhausting, but I'm so happy for you!

Kendra said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her! I kinda hate you with all that sleeping going on though! I can't believe how well they are both sleeping!!

Courtney said...

she is so cute!!

Ashley DeMille said...

I love all the pictures! She is so pretty. I just love all that dark hair! I hope the adjustment is going well for you. I am getting nervous for adjustment to #3. It seems like it just goes by so fast that you don't even have time to remember how hard it was. Good luck! You'll do great with 2!

Jenny said...

Natalie! I can't believe how incredibly gorgeous she is! (And your camera takes awesome pictures by the way...remind me what camera you have -- and would you recommend it?) I'm glad things have been going well -- how was it going out with them both? You'll be great! Congratulations!

maryirene said...

she's gorgeous! absolutely gorgeous!

Hillary said...

Oh she is SOOOOO scrumptious!!!! I just love her! And I am feeling a mix of happiness for how good she sleeps for you and a little anger too... :) You are just too darn lucky!!! I guess you deserve it though with all you went through with the stones. Blah!! Ben was a horrible sleeper!!! I better get a good one next. If that ever happens. :) Stupid ovaries. he he. MISS YOU GUYS!!

I am probably going to be in UT the 18th to the 23rd. If you are planning a trip I would LOVE to see you guys!! If not... We might be passing through Vegas on our way from SoCal if it is a normal time of day maybe we can arrange a visit! I'll let you know.
xoxoxo

Hillary said...

P.S. 18th to 23rd of July that is. :)

stsuff

Voting