Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Shout out to Hartford!

( Old Wethersfield.  I think this is the second oldest house there.  I loved, loved this little town! Everyone lives in these beautiful old homes! THis is the home that Witch of Blackbird pond is based off of!)
(Hartford)
I had a good time visiting the family while I was at home, but before going home I had to say goodbye to a lot of wonderful friends in Hartford.  I had really bittersweet feelings about leaving.  It actually didn't hit me until tonight, that I won't be flying back into Hartford.  I know that going to the East was not something I really wanted to do, but it was truly one of the best things that could have ever happened to me.  I learned a lot about myself and I guess you could say I found myself there.  I think living away from family makes it easier to figure life out.  You have to learn to depend on the people you have close to you.    


My little piano students were some of my best buddies and I loved hearing their crazy stories and I always came home to tell scott something funny they had said to me.  I wish I had written some of them down.  They allowed me to put to use my piano skills and to do something I truly love every day!!! So I am thankful to them for that.  I miss them all so much!  One of the last nights I was there, one of my students had a birthday party and I got invited because I am cool like that! It was a blast and they put on a wonderful play for me and I loved every second of it!



One of the first things that came to my mind when I moved to hartford was the thought that I hope we have a good ward and it was seriously the most amazing ward! We were so blessed and right away I knew scott and I had come to the right place.  I am going to miss book club, girls nights and all the other activities we did.  I loved how close we all were and how much fun we all had together.  Our ward made all the difference in our experience in CT. ( Hill, although you were not in our ward... I kind of think  you were... The picture of us... seriously soooo bad it can not be put up on this page. But I think we already knew that.!!! ha ha)



The last week I was in Hartford I wanted to take a run around our streets and take pics of all of the things that really made me happy but I never did.  But here's a shout out to the guy who sat on the bus bench everyday with his headphones on, listening to some music, singing and bumpin' along! I love that guy, never met him but loved him.  To Cody and his Dad, I loved seeing them on the corner by the AMIGO market.  I also loved dropping cody off from church at the AMIGO market and how he would buy us little debbie cupcakes!! To all the high school kids pushing around their babies in strollers, especially the dad's.  They made life pretty bad for me though when I was prego.  Everyone thought I was some high school kid! ha ha good times.   To the crazy beggar that begged off of scott and me twice. Both times with such amazing acting skills and stories we gave him money even though we knew he was a big fat liar.  I mean tears and the whole nine yards.  We saw him around a lot more than the two times he begged on us, but I think that guy is going to do ok. He is pretty talented.  Wow I could go on and on but here's the last one.  To the guy who cut me off, so I honked at him and he stopped in the middle of traffic, got out of his car and came over to my window and started f bombing me and scared the crap out of me!  I never honked at anyone ever again. JK! I totally did. Here's to Hartford, the only place I could have lived for that to happen! Ha Ha! life has been interesting and fun and I have loved it! I hope that Vegas can deliver! It has a lot to live up to!


The Law School graduation tent.  Wow I can't believe we are done!!!!

4 comments:

Scott said...

We'll miss you guys! Keep the blog up-to-date so we can see handsome Lincoln as he gets older and stinky Rocky as he gets... well, stinkier, I guess, though how we would see that on a blog is beyond me...

Abe and Lisa said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed Connecticut. I am so jealous of you .. I love the east coast! And i love the book "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and now I know what the house looked like. I'm glad you guys are moving close to Salt Lake. We'll have to come for visits.

love ya girl!!

maryirene said...

congrats! I wish you the best with your move and all the new things you are going to be doing in your new place!

Vanessa said...

I hope you guys like Vegas. There are lots of great people here. I think anyway.

Are you going to teach piano here? I've been thinking about putting Daniel in lessons.

stsuff

Voting