
Aaaaah Newport Beach! I just love coming here so much! My family has been coming here for as long as I can remember and I just have so many happy memories of this place. We have even been staying in the same condo. It is the best place, right on the beach next to pier 20, close to some great shopping and the Crab Cooker:) Scott and I got to bring the kids for a few days. Scott had to take a little extra time off work because of my fun hospital visits, so we couldn't stay for very long:( Although trips with kids are never relaxing, it is still fun to get away from the same old day to day stuff.

The fun pier. I had been having horrible nightmares of Lincoln running and falling off the pier so I would freak out every time scott wanted to take him up to look at the fisherman and what they had caught, I would say you better not let him out of that stroller, then I would sit on the edge of my seat until they got back... Anyway my husband thinks I am crazy, but then while we were there, my little bro chatted up this old man on the way to the donut shop one morning and he told andrew about his little grandson and how he fell off the pier and luckily swimmers were near by and grabbed him up. OH My GOSH it hurts to think about it...moving on.

Every morning my fam has a tradition of going to the donut shop and then eating outside. The little kids get up really early so it gives us a lot of day:) They just love this tradition. Since scott and I have a newborn and all four of us were in one room, we were up nice and early anyway this year:)

Playing on the Beach! The most beautiful day we had while we were there was Sunday, but fortunately the sun came out eventually on the other two days we were there. Lincoln wasn't so sure about the ocean at first, but when he finally started getting in, he enjoyed it a lot. But the thing he loved most was the sand and as linc says playing sand castle.


I am so in love with his swimsuit this year! He calls his rashgaurd his scary shirt ha ha!

Look at his little shark bum:)

We spent one morning on Balboa Island just walking around and looking in the little boutiques. Then we stopped at this frozen yogurt place, can't remember the name but it is just like USwirl. It was yummy stuff!


This little fisherman's dock is closed now, but when I was little every morning I would get so excited to run over there and see what they had caught. Sometimes they would have a shark of something cool like that.

The Donut shop:)

Lincoln waiting in line with his dollar, He caught a chocolate covered donut.


Scott got this kite for his birthday from Ashley and her girls. It was soooo cool to watch! It is a 3D kite:)

Lincoln got to fly a kite too. He had a lot of fun and was pretty good at it!


My pretty little Gracen girl:) I keep forgetting to put bows in her hair and sometimes I feel bad because I treat her like I did Linc, just not worrying about what her hair looks like. I am trying to be better at it, because she just kind of looks like a little boy, She looks a lot like Linc did and unless people see how her name is spelled they think she is a boy:)
3 comments:
Love the pic of Gracen! What a beauty she is. I want to see her in person! And i'm so glad you had fun in Newport.. what a fun tradition. Abe's brother is going to be going to Cal Irvine starting this fall for his master's so I'm sure we'll be headed to Newport once a year for the next couple too!
Looks like a blast! I loved Linc's swim shorts with the shark, ha ha! I miss you and I really hope you're coming up to SLC soon and will give me a call! Loves!
Looks like you guys had a blast. I love Newport! Well any beach for that matter! And I love Linc's little shark swimsuit!
Post a Comment